Jigawa is a state in northern Nigeria. Its capital is Dutse. The state was created on Tuesday August 27, 1991. Excised from Kano State it covers a total land area of about 22,410sq Km. It is bordered on the West by Kano State, on the East by Bauchi and Yobe States and on the North by Katsina and Yobe States and the Republic of Niger.
Jigawa State Snapshot
- Total land area: 23,287 Sq. Km
- Local Government Areas: 27 LGAs: Auyo, Babura, Biminwa, Brinin Kudu, Buji, Dutse, Gagarawa, Garki, Gumel, Guri, Gwaram, Gwiwa, Hadejia, Jahun, Kafin Hausa, Kaugama, Kazaure, Kiri Kasama, Kiyawa, Maigatari, Mallam Madori, Miga, Ringim, Roni, Sule Tankarkar, Taura, Yankwashi.
- Population: 4,361,002 (Male- 2,198,076 and Female- 2,162,926)
- Vegetation: Sudan and Guinea Savannah
- Major crops: Maize, groundnut, Millet, Rice, Sesame, and Sorghum.
- Solid minerals: Granite, Tin, Kaolin, Columbite, Iron-Ore, and Soda Ash
Main Investment Opportunities
Opportunities for investment exist in:
- Light Manufacturing