The Federal Capital Territory is the home of Abuja, the capital of Nigeria. The territory was formed in 1976 from parts of former Nasarawa, Niger, and Kogi States and it is in the central region of Nigeria, bordered to the north by Kaduna State, to the east by Nassarawa State, to the southwest by Kogi State and to the west by Niger State.
FCT Abuja Snapshot
- Total land area: 7,607 Sq. Km
- Local Government Areas: 6 LGAs: Abaji, Abuja Municipal, Gwagwalada, Kuje, Bwari, and Kwali.
- Population: 1,406,239 (Male- 733,172 and Female- 673,067)
- Vegetation: Guinea Savannah
- Major crops: Yam, Maize, Rice, Cassava, Millet, Guinea corn, Cowpea, Sorghum, and Sesame.
- Solid minerals: Clay, Zinc, Dolomite
Main Investment Opportunities
Opportunities for investment exist in:
- Light Manufacturing