Sokoto state is located in the Northwestern region of Nigeria. Created in 1967, the state shares its borders with Niger Republic to the North, Katsina State to the East, Zamfara State to the Southeast, Kebbi State to the South and Benin Republic to the West.
Sokoto State Snapshot
- Total land area: 27,825 Sq. Km
- Local Government Areas: 23 LGAs: Binji, Bodinga, Dange-shnsi, Gada, Goronyo, Gudu, Gawabawa, Illela, Isa, Kware, kebbe, Rabah, Sabon birni, Shagari, Silame, Sokoto North, Sokoto South, Tambuwal, Tqngaza, Tureta, Wamako, Wurno, Yabo.
- Population: 3,702,676 (Male- 1,863,713 and Female- 1,838,963)
- Vegetation: Short grass savannah and thorn scrub.
- Major crops: Millet, Guinea corn, Maize, Rice, Beans, Wheat, Cassava, Potatoes, Groundnut, Cotton, Sugar cane and Tobacco.
- Solid minerals: Phosphate, Gypsum, Limestone and Kaolin.
Main Investment Opportunities
Opportunities for investment exist in:
- Light Manufacturing