Rivers State is in the South-South of Nigeria and its capital, Port Harcourt, is its largest city and is regarded as the centre of Nigeria’s oil and gas industry. Rivers State is on Nigeria’s coastline and has a number of seaports. Prior to the discovery of oil in Rivers State, Agriculture was the mainstay of its economy. About 39 percent of the state’s total land mass is suitable for crop cultivation. Rivers State also has a lucrative fishing industry.
Rivers State Snapshot
- Total land area: 11,077 Sq. Km
- Local Government Areas: 23 LGAs: Port-Harcourt, Obio-Akpor, Okrika, Ogu-Bolo, Eleme, Tai, Gokana, Khana, Oyigbo, Opobo-Nkoro, Andoni, Bonny, Degema, Asari-Toru, Akuku-Toru, Abua-Odual, Ahoada West, Ahoada East, Ogba-Egbema-Ndoni, Emohua, Ikwerre, Etche and Omuma.
- Population: 5,198,746 (Male- 2,673,026 and Female- 2,525,690)
- Vegetation: Mangrove Swamps, Evergreen Forests and Savannahs.
- Major crops: Cassava, Rubber, Oil Palm, Coconut, Raffia Palm.
- Mineral Resources: Crude oil, Silica, Glass Sand and CLay.
Main Investment Opportunities
Opportunities for investment exist in:
- Light Manufacturing
Click the image below for more information on Rivers State.