Ogun State is located in the South-Western region of Nigeria and is categorized under the Yoruba ethnic group. It is referred to as the “gateway to Nigeria” and is home to the modern city of Abeokuta, its state capital. A number of large investors in Nigeria (including Nestle and DHL) are situated in Ogun State, and this is mainly as a result of the incentives the state provides for investments.
Ogun State Snapshot
- Total land area: 16,980 Sq. Km
- Local Government Areas: 20 LGAs: Abeokuta North, Abeokuta South, Ota, Ewekoro, Ifo, Ijebu East, Ijebu North, Ijebu North East, Ijebu Ode, Ikenne, Imeko Afon, Ipokia, Obafemi Owode, Odogbolu, Odeda, Ogun Waterside, Remo North, Sagamu, Yewa North and Yewa South.
- Population: 3,751,140 (Male-1,864,907 and Female-1,886,233)
- Vegetation: Evergreen forests and savannah.
- Major crops: Cocoa, Oil Palm, Rice, Cassava, Cotton.
- Solid minerals: Limestone, Bauxite, Bitumen, Gem Stones.
Main Investment Opportunities
Opportunities for investment exist in:
- Light Manufacturing
Click the image below to learn more about Ogun State