Nasarawa state was created in 1996 out of neighboring Plateau state. Located in the North-Central region of Nigeria, it is bordered on the West by the Federal Capital Territory, the North by Kaduna, the South by Benue and Kogi, and on the East by Plateau and Taraba states.
Nasarawa State Snapshot
- Total land area: 28,735 Sq. Km
- Capital: Lafia
- Local Government Areas: 13 LGAs: Akwanga, Awe, Doma, Karu, Keana, Keffi, Kokona, Lafia, Nasarawa, Nasarawa Egon, Obi, Toto, Wamba
- Population: 1,869,377 (Male- 943,801 and Female- 925,576)
- Vegetation: Guinea Savannah
- Major crops: Cassava, Cowpea, Cotton, Groundnut, Garden Egg, Maize, Millet, Pepper, Sorghum, and Sesame.
- Solid minerals: Cassiterite, Clay, Columbite, Mica, Grannite, Limenite, Quartz, Iron-Ore
There are three agricultural zones in Nasarawa state: Southern: Obi, Awe and Doma, Western: Toto, Kokona, Karu, and Northern: NasarawaEggon, Akwanga and Wamba.
Main Investment Opportunities
Opportunities for investment exist in:
- Light Manufacturing