Lagos State is located in the Southwestern geopolitical zone of Nigeria. It was created on the 27th of May 1967. Lagos State spans the Guinea coast of the Atlantic Ocean for over 180km., from the Republic of Benin on the west to its boundary with Ogun state in the east.
Lagos State Snapshot
- Total land area: 3,671 Sq. Km
- Capital: Ikeja
Local Government Areas: 20 LGAs: Agege, Ajeromi Ifelodun Ajegunle, Alimosho, Amuwo Odofin, Apapa, Badagry, Epe, Ibeju-Lekki, Ifako Ijaye, Ikeja, Ikorodu, Kosofe, Lagos Island Isale-Eko, Lagos Mainland, Mushin, Ojo, Oshodi Isolo, Shomolu, and Surulere.
- Population: 9,113,605 (Male- 4,719,125 and Female- 4,394,480)
- Vegetation: Swamp Forest of the coastal belt and dry lowland rain forest.
- Major crops: Yam, Coconut, Oil Palm
- Solid minerals: Silica Sand, Bitumen and Clay
Main Investment Opportunities
Opportunities for investment exist in:
- Light Manufacturing
For more information, please visit: http://www.lagosglobal.org