Delta State is in the South-South geo-political zone of Nigeria and its state capital is the bustling city of Asaba. It is also home to Warri, which is the most populous of its cities and is its economic nerve centre. Delta State is an oil-producing state, and is one of the nine Niger-Delta states in Nigeria. The River Ethiope which is reputed to be the deepest inland waterway in Africa is sourced in and flows through Delta State. Delta State also has a thriving fishing industry.
Delta State Snapshot
- Total land area: 16,842 Sq. Km
- Local Government Areas: 25 LGAs: Ethiope East, Ethiope West, Okpe, Sapele, Udu, Ughelli North, Ughelli South, Uvwie, Aniocha North, Aniocha South, Ika North East, Ikaa South, Ndokwa East, Ndokwa West, Oshimili North, Oshimili South, Ukwuani, Bomadi, Burutu, Isoko North, Isoko South, Patani, Warri North, Warri South and Warri South-West.
- Population: 4,112,445 (Male- 2,069,309 and Female- 2,043,136)
- Vegetation: Mangrove Swamps, Evergreen Forests and Savannahs.
- Major crops: Rubber, Oil Palm, Cashew and Cocoa.
- Mineral Resources: Crude oil, Silica, Tar Sand and Limestone.
Main Investment Opportunities
Opportunities for investment exist in:
- Light Manufacturing
Click the image below for more information on Delta State.
You may also visit http://www.deltastate.com.ng/